In particular, there is no cure for the problem of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). However, after diagnosing the problem, its symptoms can be controlled with the help of medication.
The treatment of ADHD includes the following –
- Behavioral therapy
- Proper Education
With the help of these three, a person can be treated from the symptoms of ADHD. At a young age, a child can be easily guided through education so that the effect of ADHD symptoms does not play with the children’s mind.
According to the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics), children below the age of 6 should firstly be recommended for the behavioral therapy and then the medicine. Whereas children above the age of 6 can be given medication and behavioral therapy side by side. It is said that the use of drugs in younger children can cause side effects.
There are different types of medications that can be prescribed to a person depending upon the symptoms. The work of an ADHD medication is to increase the number of neurotransmitters inside the brain. Namely, the type of neurotransmitters that are present in a human brain is – dopamine and norepinephrine.
People prefer taking ADHD medication, but along with this, counseling can also help in improving the behavioral skills of the person. If a child is facing ADHD symptoms, parents and other family members can help by providing counseling to deal with the potential problems. Thus, proper treatment of ADHD can help control the symptoms and improve the quality of life, performance at school, or work.
- Different Dosage of Xanax (Alprazolam): A to Z Guide
- Xanax 2mg Bars: What Do The Different Colors Mean?
- Comparison Between Xanax Vs. Ativan Vs. Klonopin
- Adderall and Xanax: Is It Safe To Use Them Together?
Medication for ADHD
The drugs that a person takes to control ADHD symptoms are said to be stimulants. Doctors have been prescribing them for over a period of the last 50 years. The stimulant drugs are available in extended-release and immediate-release versions. These drugs are available in the form of tablets, capsules, and liquid solutions. We have listed below some of the medicines that doctors generally prescribe for ADHD treatment.
ADHD Medication List –
There may also be other stimulants available in the market, the best among them is Adderall. Thus, you can buy Adderall online if your health expert recommends the dose for ADHD treatment.
Apart from stimulants, there are some other drugs as well that a person can take as a medication for ADHD. A non-stimulant can have lesser side effects on a person’s health as compared to the stimulant side effect. They are – Intuniv and Strattera.
Although the FDA has not approved the use of antidepressants for the treatment of ADHD symptoms, it can be taken along with a stimulant drug. In the year 2004, the FDA has issued a warning stating that the use of antidepressants in younger children can increase the risk of side effects. Hence, if you are taking them, make sure you have their approval by the health expert. Some of the antidepressants that can be taken along with a stimulant drug are – Tofranil, Aventyl, Wellbutrin, Norpramin, and others.
Therapies For ADHD Treatment
A child facing the issue of ADHD can get benefitting impact through counseling and other therapies. Some of the forms of counseling include the following –
- Psycho Therapy – A person will need to consult a psychologist or psychiatrist for this treatment. He/she will help in identifying the symptoms and the issues related to it. Proper guidance will be given to cope up with the problematic issue of ADHD.
- Family Therapy – Normally, when a child is diagnosed with the symptoms of ADHD, family members are the first person to interact. They will help in managing the stresses of life and give their support to the person with ADHD problems.
- Behavioral Therapy – Under this treatment, a child or a person is taught to learn the behavior changes that he/she needs to adopt in their life. These changes will help to cope with stressful and difficult situations by learning new skills. As a result, it will help to reduce disruptive behavior.