There are people who always compared two drugs on behalf of their working and effectiveness. The same is with Adderall and Ritalin as they are used for the same cause that occurs in a human system. But before we tell you about the difference between the two, let us give you brief info of the drugs simultaneously.
Their uses, dosage, and side effects that you should be aware of before you purchase Adderall online or Ritalin.
Adderall Uses –
Adderall is a medication that is available in a combination of two other drugs. They are – Amphetamine ad Dextroamphetamine. The work of Adderall is to act on the Central Nervous System (CNS) as a stimulant. In turn, it affects the chemicals present inside the brain and the nerves of a human system. Hence, contributing to the hyperactivity and the impulse control inside the brain.
In simple words, it can be defined as – Adderall helps to manage Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). People also use this drug to overcome the symptoms of Narcolepsy. The FDA has also approved Adderall for treating Narcolepsy. It is a disorder under which a person tends to fall asleep in a peaceful and relaxing surrounding. There can be other uses of Adderall as well that we have not mentioned here.
Side Effects of Adderall –
The drug, Adderall, is a much-anticipated drug that shall be taken as per the need of the patient. If in case the dose of the drug is increased for no reason, there will be adverse aftereffects of the drug.
There can be other drugs that may interact with amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. The interactions with other drugs will result in serious health conditions, such as serotonin syndrome.
Some of the commonly known aftereffects of Adderall are listed below –
- Mild headache
- Mouth gets dry
- Feeling nervous
- Mood swings or change in behavior
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Sleep problems
- Rapid heart rate
- Muscle twitches
- Seizures or convulsions
These side effects can be adverse at times when the patients do not take the drug as per the directions. It should be kept in mind that Adderall can be habit-forming, use it wisely and according to the terms given in the prescription label along with the drug.
Sudden withdrawal from the use of Adderall may also affect dangerous withdrawal symptoms of the drug. If in case these side effects start getting on the worse side, get immediate medical help from a certified doctor or a physician. Apart from the above mentioned side effects, there can be other side effects of Adderall that a person may come across.
They are as such – chest pain, feeling like you may faint (pass out), and mental issues (hallucinations, behavioral problems, aggression, etc.). There can be some kind of circulation problem as well – numbness of the body parts, wounds, skin color changes, rashes and feeling of cold.
Ritalin Uses –
Ritalin or known by its generic name, Methylphenidate is a medication that is taken as a stimulant to act on the Central Nervous System. Just similar to Adderall, Ritalin too affects the chemicals present inside the brain and the nerves of a human system. The work of Ritalin is to systemize the control on the impulse and the hyperactivity inside the brain.
In other words, Ritalin is used to manage ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and Narcolepsy. People may also take this drug apart from the symptoms mentioned in here.
Using Ritalin for any purpose that the drug is not prescribed to be taken can cause harm to the internal system.Always take Ritalin as per the prescription is given by the doctor or a professional health expert.
Always take Ritalin as per the prescription is given by the doctor or a professional health expert.
Side Effects of Ritalin –
The side effects of Ritalin are not much different from that of Adderall. Still, people should know about the aftermath of Ritalin so that they can take necessary precautions. It must not be forgotten that each and every medicine that is sold in the market upholds some kind of side effects.
Therefore, to avoid the side effects, take the drug as per the prescription provided by the doctor.
Side effects of Ritalin are listed below –
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Mild or moderate headache
- Increased blood pressure
- Rapid heart rate
- Mood swings (change in behavior)
- Mental issues (suicidal thoughts, agitation, or feeling depressed)
- Sleeping problem
- Feeling nervous
- Seizures or convulsions
- Change in the vision or blurry vision
- Pain in the chest
- Trouble in breathing or respiratory problems
These side effects are given in no increasing or decreasing order. They may occur in any person depending on the metabolic rate and the tolerance for the drug. If you observe, any of the side effects are getting worse, contact your doctor and take medical help as soon as possible. Delay in taking medical aid will affect the condition of the patient.
Precautions that you should take before taking any of the two drugs (Ritalin or Adderall) –
It may impair your thinking or the way you react to the current situation. Therefore, it is advised to take Ritalin under the guidance of a doctor or personal help.
Our recommendation to the patient who wants to take Adderall or Ritalin for attention deficiency or hyperactivity disorder, take the necessary safety measures in order to be on the safe side of using the drugs.
Following precautions should be registered before you take Ritalin or Adderall as a regular drug –
- Take the medicine as prescribed; do not disown the prescription that you are provided along with the drug.
- Follow the procedure given on the prescription label of the drug.
- Both Ritalin and Adderall can be habit-forming. You are advised not to take the drug more than the prescribed dose.
- Misuse of Ritalin or Adderall can be injurious to your health. Take it according to the dosage that you are prescribed.
- Ritalin and Adderall if mishandled can cause an overdose of the drug, which will result in fatal side effects of the drug.
- Ritalin and Adderall can also get a person addicted to the drug in no time. Keep this drug out of reach from any potential drug abuser.
- Do not take Adderall or Ritalin if you are on regular consumption of alcohol. When these drugs interact with alcohol, it will make a person feel dizzier. There can be dangerous effects of the drug as well.
- If you have been taking any other drug earlier to these, inform it to the doctor before taking the prescription and the dose. Interaction of other drugs with Ritalin or Adderall can cause severe effects of the medicine.
- If you are suffering from any serious health issue, then you shouldn’t be taking either of the drugs. As a result of it, the interaction may cause fatal side effects of the drug. Talk to your doctor before taking the drug.
- Women who are pregnant or a mother breastfeeding her child should not take any of the drugs. There have been reports where the drug was found to be transferred in the body of the infant.
Ritalin vs. Adderall –
Both the drugs, Ritalin, and Adderall, are used as an effective drug for treating ADHD. Although both these drugs are strong and effective, they are associated with sleep problems or a decrease in appetite. It is also seen that Ritalin can also cause stomach pain in patients.
As we know that both Ritalin and Adderall are taken for ADHD treatment, the medicines that both the drug contains are different. The content of Ritalin is methylphenidate, which is also its generic form. On the other hand, Adderall contains a mixture of amphetamine salts. Still, both of the drugs are classified as CNS stimulants as they work by increasing the attention concentration inside the brain of a person.
However, it is not necessary that both the drugs will have a similar level of tolerance on the patient. Abuse or dependence on the drug is not the same in both cases. Therefore, it is our advice for the patients to take the drug as per the recommendation by the doctor.